For Goodio, 2017 was full of adventures! We wanted to look back and created a list of 10 Goodio things that happened last year. Here we go!
1. Before 2017 our chocolate was available in these 5 countries: Finland, Sweden, UK, USA and Hong Kong. In 2017 we expanded the Goodio world map and launched in 6 new countries: Belgium, The Netherlands, Norway, Estonia, Portugal and Japan.
2. Because chocolate is delicious in every form, we published 16 recipes for you to enjoy. Click the names to try them out!
3. Before 2017 our Goodio family had 12 members. Now our dream team has gotten bigger and it features already 28 Goodians ready to rock!
4. In 2017 our beloved country Finland turned 100 years old. We are extremely proud that this year we were granted the Design from Finland Mark as a symbol of Finnish design!
5. Last spring Sampsa Siekkinen, one of the co-founders of Goodio, traveled to Peru to meet the farmers behind Pure Nacional – one of the most rare cacao beans in the world. The trip ended up being quite an adventure! Read the story here.
6. Our 80 % Pure Nacional chocolate got a brand new package. Good old taste in a fresh envelope!
7. Last summer we achieved one of our dreams and opened our very own café in Kanavaranta, Helsinki. In our café we serve treats that align with the Goodio brand mission: treats that are good for the mind, body, and our beloved planet.
8. Last year was very successful for Goodio. We were for example voted as The Best New Organic Food Product Runner-up 2017 at the Natural Products Scandinavia – the Nordic region’s biggest trade show for natural and organic products. We were also chosen as the Startup Company of the Year by Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council.
9. Dreams do come true: since October our chocolates have been available at Whole Foods Market Northeast stores. A small shelf for someone, one giant leap for Goodio!
10. We have been very excited to start building up the new production line for our new factory in Kallio. The Italian miracle machines are already there and after the final touches the factory is ready to roll. We promise our new chocolates will blow your mind!
It has been quite a year, thank you for sharing it with us! Let the celebrations continue. Looking forward to all the adventures 2018 has in store for us <3